Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Fly high above the mountains

Today I crossed one goal off my bucket list:

I FLEW

I literally flew up in the sky. And it was every bit as fantastic as I had imagined.

Each year I come to Ehden in the summer, and each year I look up to the clouds and see these amazing people flying above us. Mia has baptized the yellow paraglider Le Petit Prince. Because like The Little Prince, he flies a yellow aircraft and he makes us dream.



Since then, she has been begging to fly with him. That is not happening right now, for obvious reasons. But I told her today I was going to fly one of those gliders and she got so excited.

Source: Ehden Mountains Activities

She asked me earlier if I saw him in the sky. Little does she know I actually flew with him.

Mia's Little Prince is called Marc and he totally deserves the title my daughter bestowed upon him because he is Flying Royalty.

The minute you start talking to Marc about Ehden Mountains Activities, you fall in love. He is so passionate about what he does and this is literally his life. He does not waste time promoting himself or gloating, and yet, his reputation is well established because of his commitment and professionalism as well as his dedication to doing things the right way.

In a country like Lebanon where regulations and laws governing such businesses are virtually non existent and seasonal occupations are usually dealt with like hobbies, it was refreshing to see someone so involved and dedicated.

It is not enough to adore your passions in order to turn them into your livelihood.

But most importantly, when the person you need to trust has to actually care for your safety and your life, it becomes an entirely other ball game.

Marc has got game. He is responsible and takes every step needed to be on top of things and comfortable with his clients and himself in any situation in the air or on the ground.

When it comes to paragliding in particular, he has completed all international trainings and certifications to ensure every flight is completed safely and smoothly.

Source: Ehden Mountains Activities
Source: Ehden Mountains Activities
Source: Ehden Mountains Activities
Source: Ehden Mountains Activities

This professionalism is reflected in every detail and exercise he undertakes, be it paragliding, camping, or any of the other activities he offers at the highest altitudes (zip line, rappel, caving, etc.) and yes, it is a bike on a string that you saw up there!

A post shared by Rouba Abouzeid (@abouzeid) on

So if you ever swing by Lebanon, make sure you pass by my hometown of Ehden, give Marc a call and let him take your breath away.












Experience the adventure of a lifetime in the sky and make sure you check the other activities too. Off-roading to Qurnat Assawda, the highest peak in the Middle East (3080m of altitude) and spending the night at 2000m above sea level must also be on your list!

And... Enjoy!


Ehden Mountains Activities
... Call on +961 3 754 928
... On Facebook
... On Instagram



I flew, I blogged:


Find this blog on Facebook

No comments: