Friday, August 25, 2017

The Boys of Summer

The boys in my hometown are rocking it.

Well, they have been at it for a few years now, but I was just too lazy to actually enjoy anything. I would just land for the summer and count the days go by.

But this year something happened. I felt a huge wave of nostalgia and kept remembering childhood summers and how careless and happy I was at that time. I remembered who I was. And I miss that girl.

So this year I decided to actually do all the stuff I always wanted to take on but never actually did.

That included paragliding which I wrote about before. I honestly think I have found an addiction. I absolutely loved flying and I have been trying to do it again but the damn weather keeps fighting me lately!

Photo: R. Abouzeid

Photo: R. Abouzeid

The experience has been borderline therapeutic and my soul needs this kind of serenity right now. The rush of jumping off a cliff and being lifted by the wind was beautifully liberating. It was not at all the scare I expected I had to overcome. On the contrary, it was overwhelmingly calming and relaxing and I am currently craving this state of mind and self.

It looks like I am going to have to find my paragliding substitute in Dubai...

Flying has given me the courage to try other things as well. The mountain is a wonderful playground if you really want to put yourself out there and experience new adventures!

And so, I conquered the mountains!

Well, not really, but I did conquer some fears and had a blast in the process. The boys at La Réserve took me and the kids for some wild fun:

A post shared by Rouba Abouzeid (@abouzeid) on
Source: IG


Source: FB

Image may contain: mountain, sky, tree, outdoor and nature
Photo: R. Abouzeid
Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, child, shoes and outdoor
Photo: R. Abouzeid
Image may contain: sky, mountain, cloud, tree, plant, outdoor and nature
Photo: R. Abouzeid
Image may contain: one or more people, people standing and outdoor
Photo: R. Abouzeid
Image may contain: 5 people, people standing, outdoor and nature
Photo: R. Abouzeid

Zouzou and Ali were absolute sweethearts. The kids loved them and La Réserve. It is a lovely venue with chalets and a small pool that would make for a perfect getaway both in the summer and in the winter.

The boys know how to talk to children and I was shocked that such young men had it in them to hold entire conversations with my 6 year old Duracell Chatterbox! But they did and Mia is completely in love with the people in Ehden and I do not blame her one bit. She is even talking about staying here forever ;)

I am really proud of my hometown and the young people making things happen for themselves and the village. Ehden is truly beautiful and I am so appreciative of this new generation that is making our Lebanon shine in a positive and uplifting way. 

They are adventurous, they are passionate, they are fun and most importantly, they are contagious! You cannot help love them and what they do. They can talk you into following them anywhere and do just about anything! That is how spirited and impassioned they are!

Come and meet them, you will not regret it:

Ehden Mountain Activities
Facebook
Instagram
Marc Finianos
Phone: +961.3.754928

La Réserve Horsh Ehden
Facebook
Instagram
Joseph (Zouzou) Yammine
Phone: +961.6.561092




... Oh... And I cannot end without a tribute to The Boys Of Summer. The lyrics are in no way related to all that I have written above but the song has been stuck in my head ever since I typed the title! ;)  






Find this blog on Facebook

No comments: